Thursday, September 20, 2007

Viva La Beef


Viva La Beef

Nobody I know other than myself is really into animal issues (fyi I am an agriculture and pre-vet student and city animal services volunteer, among other things) but regardless I would like to point out that Alicia Silverstone recently made a TV ad for vegetarianism paid for by PETA (a most evil institution, made more evil by the fact that it parades as the moral high ground) and she's wet and naked! What up! Why is PETA paying for Alicia Silverstone to be naked on TV? How is this going to turn people on to vegetables and off of meat? Who wants to see Alicia Silverstone's buttcrack or half her boob? Why is she working for PETA? Gyahh!

If you want to determine what this ad has to do with not eating meat, or if you just want to see Alicia Silverstone naked, go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=845W25-teb8&mode

(BTW, PETA thinks that cattle are causing global warming so we should destroy them all, and they fund the legal defense for unrelated extreme animal rights activists who blow people up, and their animal shelters have a kill rate of 85%. I'm just saying. And Scotland Yard has classified the Animal Liberation Front (not the IRA or Al-Qaeda) as the #1 terrorist organization in both the UK and the US. Like I said, I'm just saying.)

End soapbox.

2 comments:

Celia Fae said...

I always wondered about PETA. They seemed suspicious and yet I was frequently persuaded by their moral high ground arguments. Now I know that I should be disgusted by them and their fur ruining ways. Now that you're doing the animal thing, do you still wear fur?

Rynna said...

i don't wear fur anymore, not so much because i think it's evil but because i have a rabbit now and it's kind of weird to snuggle one and then wear one. i would like to work for a couple of years in the animal shelter system when i finish my vet tech certification and the city application actually asks if i or anyone in my family wears fur. how bout that.

PETA and the ALF and all those groups are pretty scary and underhanded, especially because they are so focused on philosophy as opposed to being helpful at the ground level. They're like the freaky pro-life organizations that think the best way to achieve results is to blow up clinics and carry enormous photos of bloody late-term fetuses around college campuses. i find the most persuasive animal-focused groups are the ones implementing practical solutions like free spay/neuter clinics, obedience and agility classes dedicated solely to pit bulls in shelters, thinning feral horse herds by offering some of them for adoption to qualified homes, etc. the government is surprisingly good about all that stuff, i've come to find out.

and spraying somebody's clothes is just rude.