 |
| As long as we're talking about Colorado Springs for a minute. |
I posted one glimpse of life in Colorado Springs, which is already a bizarre island of experience in my memory. I went to a city where I knew no one until two weeks before my job started, to take a job I had never tried before and was not trained or certified to do and which paid next to nothing, and under those circumstances to live completely alone for the first time. That was how badly I wanted to get out of my marriage.
My least pleasant memories are from work (the most obvious reason being that I was a first-time high school teacher). My happiest are with 3 guys who had similar feelings about our work situation to mine. We called ourselves the Super Friends, because we're mature adults. The students, who don't miss anything, referred to us as the Three Musketeers and the Damsel in Distress. I'll comment no further because I know some kid from our school will find this stupid blog one day. (Hee-eey! Congratulations on getting in/Tough break on not getting into Hillsdale!) Whatever the quality of the experience, the job was a godsend at the time because it took me out of California. So thanks, job I hated. I'm genuinely grateful.
 |
| It's been long enough that the old desk makes me smile. I had a tray devoted to their origami offerings. Troll students should know I still have them all in a box, and I yelled at somebody who almost squashed DM's paper football. |
In addition to being horribly stressful and ill-suited to me, though, the teaching job didn't pay enough to live on by myself. Some other time we can talk about all the reasons I couldn't just suck it up and get a bunch of roommates like a normal girl. At the time of my last post I was hoping to find a job in Colorado Springs. That failed completely and I was forced to retrench in shame to Mom & Dad's house in Utah.
That's how in 2 blog posts I get from visiting Mom & Dad from LA, a married student, to living in a guest room in their house, single with a failed teaching career behind me.
 |
| New town, new view. The mountains are back on the correct side even. |
Also in the year and a half since I moved to Utah: A fake relationship! Divorced and childless in Lehi, UT! Becoming a vampire! House fire! Being a refugee! Fake dumped! Becoming a plural wife! (Ok, the husband remarries!) LDS mid-singles ward! Panic attacks! Brain tumor (not mine)! Etsy! Being an otaku! Being a fake lawyer! Being a semi-professional artist! All this to follow a some point!
 |
| Semi-professional artist! I got to sit next to the Tony Feher window, at least. |
No comments:
Post a Comment