Whatever a girl has to say about the life that starts when your job, your lease, and your marriage end at the same time.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Why I Mean It When I Say I'm Mormon
Some enterprising souls are making an effort to get positive exposure for the church on the internet by getting a blitz of views of this video on YouTube. A sudden jump to a significant number of views gets a video featured on the YouTube homepage. I applaud their idea and their ambition in coordinating the effort. Why, I wonder, am I not doing what I should and using my own humble forum to publish what I think about the Book of Mormon?
The Doctrine and Covenants tells us that "in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." In that spirit, I have observed a theme to which all of the standard works bear witness:
Isaiah 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory -
Matthew 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen.
Mormon 7:5 By the power of the Father he hath risen again, whereby he hath gained the victory over the grave.
D&C 76:22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testmony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
I love the Book of Mormon because when I read it I think about this recurring theme and I ask myself: If all these witnesses are true, what will I do about it? Choosing to do something about it has put me in the way of every good thing. The witnesses are true, Christ lives, the book is a gift, and I will always mean it when I say I am Mormon.
Read the Book of Mormon here: http://scriptures.lds.org/en/bm/contents
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment