Ate at the Ranch Kitchen Restaurant at Harris Ranch in Coalinga. This is a justified activity on a trip to see a vet school because of our program's interest in dairy and beef cattle and large animal medicine. I highly recommend the Caprese burger and sweet potato fries.
Visited the Harris Ranch feedlot. These are cattle playing in a pile of almond hulls. Roll in the mud, roll in the almonds. Roll in the mud, roll in the almonds.
This is what 9 Pierce College students look like standing in front of 108,000 cattle.
We walked through some of the anatomy labs in the vet school. The rhinoceros skull did not make it into this photo, which is sad for you.
Met the charming Melody, resident Cockatoo at the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital at Davis. She is a fabulous blush pink that I will be remembering in the summer.
They even let us into the secret primate center where they have 5200 monkeys, as long as we promised we didn't have TB or the measles and put on these swanky paper suits. Did you know you can die of herpes from monkey spit in your eye?The Davis people were way extra nice and apparently like recruiting Pierce College kids, so I shall plan on having cheerful things to say about Davis in the next 2 years as I finish here and then do a year of clinical work in preparation for vet school. I wonder if Colorado or Texas can show me a better 3 days if I come visit their schools?
No comments:
Post a Comment