
I don't have a whole lot of time for BlogLand, but I do have a couple or few things that I'm doing that I like to report on that don't lend themselves to Facebook, which is where I've been dithering away all my internet-social-netwoking time. I observe that Facebook is an open buffet where nobody really wants to know what anyone is really doing in any detail, and where only short snippets of information are really appropriate. And, while I may like sharing my goings-on abroad, I needn't always share with aaaall those people. So, perhaps my fambly will check in once in a while and see what is bubbling with the genealogy projects, or whatever.
1 comment:
Hear hear. With Facebook you trade depth for breadth. Facebook is a marvelous syndication tool for broadcasting to family, friends, chums, and passing acquaintances your latest achievements on MafiaWars, acquisitions on FarmVille, errant thoughts, random photos, and which vampire from Twilight you most resemble. However, don't expect meaningful dialogue. I'm not necessarily complaining (it is what it is), just observing.
Post a Comment