Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Things That Are Easy To Do When You Are Very Young That Are Not As Easy Anymore, Or, How I Miss The Good Old Days

1. Bounce, roll, and jump back up after falling from heights of 3 ft or more

2. Hang upside down for extended periods of time



3. Really, truly enjoy food

4. Bathe in cold water from the hose hung over a tree branch

5. Ride home from the beach with that lump of sand trapped in the crotch of your bathing suit

6. Eat 6 bowls of spaghetti

7. Listen to one single tape for the duration of an interstate road trip



8. Recoil in disgust from people you don't like

9. Talk to your mom while she's on the toilet

10. Fall asleep when you're tired

11. Eschew clothing entirely

12. Run up the stairs 3 at a time for an hour because it's fun

13. Form intimate friendships with 50-cent goldfish



14. Climb trees full of spikes and pointy sticks and bugs

15. Eat all the Halloween candy in one sitting

16. Touch your face fearlessly with dirty, sticky hands



17. Lie down and cry when you get tired of what you're doing

18. Remember sensitive details overheard from adult conversations and spring them in the company of as many other adults as possible

5 comments:

Celia Fae said...

I'm pretty sure I still do 8, 17, and 19, which would explain my personality disorder.

Thanks for the nude photo. Not getting enough nudity lately.

Fancy new color.

Celia Fae said...

Your friend likes Michael McLean. Maybe you could hook her up with Azevedo.

Paige said...

I disagree about #3. I wish I didn't really, truly enjoy food. So does my butt.

Nortorious said...

I do miss recoiling in disgust from people I don't like. Oh, how I wish I could still do that.

Rynna said...

you may still enjoy your food, but are you allowed to walk around wearing it on your face anymore? i thought not! your butt and my butt should talk. they probably have a lot in common.

when i was very young i recoiled in disgust from everyone except my mom and her friend shirley. now i must save my disgust until the offending people have left the room. sad.

i considered the nudie picture carefully. i decided nobody can call me an exploiter of children because there's not so much as even a buttcrack. i should be safe from child protective services and the fbi. for now.